Our General guest conditions
Our terms and conditions are clear, direct and open.
Nice and short, based on the rules of the ANVR and the RECRON.
We don't use difficult words or definitions.
Only one definition is important to us:
You are our Guest and the Guest is King.
By Guest we also mean all your travel companions and any visitors.
2. How can you reach us?
If you want to speak to us, you can do this in the following ways:
Call us: +31 (0)20 280 1373
Mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can almost always call us:
- Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm;
- Saturday from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm;
- Sunday from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm.
Would you rather come by? Our visiting addresses are in Amsterdam and Alkmaar:
Daalwijkdreef 47, 1103 AD Amsterdam
Robijnstraat 18, 1812 RB Alkmaar
3. Why these conditions?
These conditions are valid if you rent a holiday home through us for recreational use, not as a residential address. We make it as easy as possible to bring these terms to your attention. It states what we do for you and what we expect from you.
4. Our offer
We always tell you clearly what, when and how you can rent our accommodations. And of course what it costs. Error on the product page? You can of course keep us to that. Except when the mistake is clearly a blunder and you could have known that in advance. If you see something that you think is not correct, pass it on and we will adjust it immediately. Thanks in advance!
5. The rules of the game
- We work every day on a safe web environment. Prices and availability are continuously updated. That is why you can book with us with confidence.
- As soon as you book, you will receive a confirmation by email. We will then keep you informed. Even if there are changes, small or large. If the situation in or around the holiday accommodation has changed radically, we will look for a suitable alternative for you, or you will get your money back. Also read rule 10.
- The rules start as soon as you have booked and received our confirmation and end on the date of your departure.
- We will include all the information and details you need with your reservation, but you will also find most of them on our website. Lost or forgotten something? No problem! Go to your MyBook247 account.
6. The price
- Our prices are almost always All-in, including the additional costs such as energy, cleaning and bed linen. Exceptions are always clearly stated during and when booking on the website and on the confirmation. Well organized and no surprises! Also read rule 4.
- Price changes for pre-ordered services and local taxes or fees are at your own expense. Think of bicycle rental, tourist tax or environmental taxes.
- All prices include VAT.
7. When do you pay what?
During the entire booking process on the website you can see at a glance what and when you pay. Very pleasant. As soon as you make a final booking you will receive a confirmation by email. Always check it immediately. Did something go wrong? Please contact us immediately, we are happy to help. For direct contact, read the rules below.
If you book more than 8 weeks before arrival, the following payment terms apply:
- When booking you pay 30% of the entire travel sum
- At the latest 8 weeks before arrival, you pay the remaining 70% of the entire travel sum + the other costs such as the damage insurance
If you book less than 8 weeks before arrival, you pay the full travel sum immediately.
If you forget to pay (can happen) we will send a friendly reminder. If you still do not pay on time, we will cancel. We always report this in advance. From then on, the rules apply to 9.
8. Time for reflection or regret?
Do you regret your decision (after a night's sleep), or do you see a better alternative? You can cancel or change the booking within 24 hours at no extra cost. We ensure that you get a new reservation or your money back.
After 24 hours of reflection, the rules apply at 9 point 2.
9. Would you like to cancel?
Canceling your holiday is always annoying, for whatever reason. The rules below make it clear which part of the travel sum you are obliged to pay. Our advice: take out cancellation insurance, then the part that you have to pay (see point 2 below) will be reimbursed, provided you have a valid reason such as illness or dismissal.
- If canceled within 30 days before arrival, you can cancel the holiday free of charge and you will receive the entire amount back on your account.
- In case of cancellation outside of 30 days before arrival, you owe us (the cancellation insurance pays off):
- Within 29 and 15 days before arrival, you owe 85% of the travel sum + booking costs. You will be reimbursed 15% of the travel sum from us,
- From 14 days before arrival you owe 100% of the travel sum + booking costs. This is equal to the amount you have paid,
- During the stay: with a cancellation insurance you are entitled to partial reimbursement (for the part that you cannot stay). Early departure without stating consultation does not entitle you to compensation.
- As soon as you have canceled, we will send you the invoice with the amount you owe, which you can submit to the insurance. If you have cancellation insurance through us, we will gladly and quickly arrange that for you! See explanation cancellation insurance.
10. Cancellation in connection with COVID-19?
When the travel advice for your destination is on code YELLOW, the holiday can take place as usual. The destinations with a yellow travel advice comply with the European health measures so that the holiday can continue and cannot be canceled free of charge. If you have any questions, please contact our local rental experts who will be happy to talk to you about the situation on site and provide additional information about the situation on site.
- Is the travel advice for your travel destination set to ORANGE or RED?
With code ORANJE we will look together with you at the possibilities to register the holiday home at a different time or to find an alternative holiday home (free of charge). However, our General cancellation conditions apply at all times.
Not sure yet of the destination country going to code Orange? We have a flexible cancellation policy where you will receive a full refund up to 30 days before arrival.
- If there is an entry ban at the destination from the country of departure (code RED), the holiday cannot continue. We will then look together for an alternative holiday home in another country and rebook the holiday free of charge. If this is not desired, we look at the possibilities to postpone the holiday. However, our General cancellation conditions apply at all times.
11. What if we cancel or change something?
- You are entitled to get a good and correct accommodation. Point. Is there something going on with it? Then of course we do everything we can to solve it. We always follow the law. Unless we don't think that's enough, we'll do more and follow our own compass.
- We will notify you immediately of any changes (or improvements).
- If there is any inconvenience, we will in all fairness offer you compensation.
- If an accommodation is not available or to be used, you will receive an equivalent or better alternative. Everything for a nice stay.
- In the most extreme cases, your money will be refunded, but never more than the paid travel sum.
- Even in case of force majeure, we will still try to serve you, always in good consultation and in all reasonableness.
12. Keeping promises
- We do what we promise. And we are always straight and clear to you. Also read rule 4.
- Even if we do not have an immediate answer or a ready-made solution, we will keep you informed. Until you are satisfied.
- We make crystal clear agreements with our landlords, owners and / or managers. You can count on that. Although we are not liable for unforeseen circumstances, we take our responsibility. Where "our conditions" do not provide a situation, we follow the law.
- We do everything, but really do everything to make you happy. We are even a little obsessive about that.
- Do you still have a complaint? We find that very annoying. So annoying, in fact, that we have several plans ready in case you have a complaint. This way we are sure that we can solve this for you as soon as possible.
- Let us know as soon as possible if you have a complaint and describe your problem as clearly as possible. Then we can best help you.
- We will help you immediately, or you will hear how much time we need to put it right. In case of discomfort on the spot, read rule 10 point 3.
- We are not affiliated with an (unnecessarily expensive) umbrella organization that you can turn to if we have a dispute. We prefer to help you ourselfs, our name is worth too much to us. If we talk about it well together, we will find a good solution.
And then this
Do you have any questions or suggestions? We would love to hear it. If we change these conditions in the future, you will find this on our website. We ensure that changes are not harmful to you and your travel companions. Thanks for reading.